Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why so grumpy??


So, I was playing receptionist at work the other day (one of my THREE jobs at the same place) when this little old couple approached the front desk. Usually, I love it when older couples come in...they are so sweet and I love watching them. However, this couple has been in numerous times and I know who they are. I'd guess that they are in their 80's, they are very well off and prominent in the community...and I've never met anyone grumpier than they are!

They never smile and they never say please or thank you when you help them with something. I've noticed that they are quite demanding but never have anything kind to say. They keep buying cars from us and they keep coming into the Service Department, so they must be satisfied with what we do on some level...but why so grumpy??

I've been pondering this for a few days. All I can come up with is that they must have had some pretty rough life experiences to never smile...and money hasn't made them happy. What in the world makes life not worth smiling and enjoying? So, I've decided that when I'm old, I'm going to choose to smile and say please and thank you, no matter how crappy I'm feeling. You can all remind me of this when I'm old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment