So, I've been pondering something really, really deep and important. It's something that has kept me awake for countless nights and I believe I've finally reached a decision. The serious issue I've been agonizing over is this...if I could have any superhero power, what would I chose?
I seriously considered flying as a power. How cool would that be?? I could climb in a second story window without climbing stairs. I could pop up to Rexburg to see my grandkids. I could even pop over to Australia to see my parents. And how cool would it be to mess with people on airplanes?
I also thought about being invisible. I could totally sneak around...and be sneaky. But I shot this idea down because it would be way too easy to avoid things...you know, like people you don't want to see (ex-husbands) or cops and we all know that avoidance doesn't work.
What about super-strength? That would be cool, but then I realized that it's a power that would only come in handy when I needed something lifted and I can use my everyday feminine powers to get a man to lift something for me.
I definitely don't want to turn into something green and large when I get angry, I don't want to be able to swing around NYC on a spider web, and I definitely don't want to read other people's minds...I have enough to handle with my own voices in my head, let alone everyone else's voices.
So...I've decided that if I could have any superhero power, I want it to be super speed. Think how quickly I could get the house clean! And I could get a day's work done in a fraction of the time. And then I could spend the rest of the day relaxing. Instead of spending 45 minutes on the treadmill, I could get my daily exercise in just a few minutes. But the best thing about super speed...would be getting my hair and makeup done in record time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well I guess that is more productive than laying awake worrying about the economy! I am with you on the treadmill thing.
ReplyDeleteI think I would go with flying. Never deal with traffic again, just fly anywhere in the world if you feel so inclined. Sounds pretty cool. Although would it make you tired? And what if you have to go through a snowstorm when you're trying to escape Utah in the winter? These are important things to think about. I also have to add breathing underwater to your list, that's one I have thought a lot about.
ReplyDelete